I couldn't find any apps that worked reliably and did what I was looking for so I wrote my own.
I'll include a few pictures of the setup, but essentially it's the standard Serial Port -> MAX232 -> Roomba setup. You can get further instructions here if you need them.
The application is up on CodePlex here. You can download the compiled app on the "Downloads" tab. :)
Picture below show...
- Quick shot of the interface
- The Roomba serial port connector I made (A 6 pin mini DIN with the key removed, connected to Cat5e cable)
- The Roomba plugged in to the serial adapter
- The PC -> Roomba Converter on breadboard
- The schematic I used. 100% Credit on the schematic goes to Tod E. Kurt
Leave comments here for support.
I've posted my announcement on RobotReviews.com (here)
Apparently 2 posts with details of this app is "spamming the boards". Oh well. :p